I saw this over on You Baby Me Mummy a while back and thought I’d give it a go myself as I haven’t done any ‘about me’ kind of posts for about 5 years! So here it is, my answers to Vogue’s 73 Questions:
1. What’s your favourite movie?
Sweet Home Alabama – girly chick flicks all the way for me!
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
The Theory of Everything. I expected to hate it but this film is just so moving you can’t help but fall in love with it.
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
I’m a wimp – I don’t watch scary stuff!
4. A book you plan on reading?
I’m in the middle of book 2 of A Song of Ice and Fire so I expect I’ll be reading that for the next decade!
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
Forever by Judy Blume – I don’t know about ‘positively shaping’ me, but it’s certainly the one that sticks out in my memory.
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
Gotta be Game of Thrones
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
Probably about a 6 or a 7. It changes day by day.
8. iPhone or Android?
Android. I’ve never had an iPhone – yet!
9. Twitter or Instagram?
I would have said Twitter if I’d been asked that a year ago, but these days I love Instagram. The chatting element seems to have gone out of twitter for me of late and pics are such a great conversation starter and a window into other peoples lives. Plus I’m a nosey cow!
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
I just love @capturebylucy as I’m terrible with a camera and the images are so stunning, they never fail to make me smile.
11. What’s your favourite food?
Cake or chocolate – did I mention I need to go on a diet!
12. Least favourite food?
13. What do you love on your pizza?
Pepperoni, ham, ground beef – anything meaty or spicy will do for me
14. Favourite drink?
Cocktails – preferably a Mai Tai or a Sex on the Beach
15. Favourite dessert?
Cake – bet you didn’t see that one coming!
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
17. Coffee or tea?
Coffee. Couldn’t get by without it!
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
Feeling guilty no matter what you do.
19. What’s your favourite band?
I’m not really into ‘proper’ bands. I was a Take That fan if you include boy bands.
20. Favourite solo artist?
Pit Bull – yes cringey no doubt, but I love anything with a Latin beat.
21. Favourite song?
Dancing in the Moonlight
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
It would be very badly sung on my part but probably Robbie Williams just because he’s a cheeky sex god.
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
I gave up with musical instruments after attempting to learn the recorder in school.
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
I’ve got on on the base of my back. I’d probably add to that if I had another one – kids names maybe.
25. To be or not to be?
Always to be.
26. Dogs or cats?
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
A holiday to The Cotswolds
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
Spa day for me and my friend
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
Chocolates and wine
31. What’s your favourite board game?
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
39. Pilates or yoga?
Never tried either
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
Reading a book
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
My little one keeps saying he wants me to ‘magic him invisible’ so it’d have to be the power to grant wishes
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
Plinth (my daughter would appreciate that one – something to do with Miranda apparently)
44. What’s your favourite flower?
45. When was the last time you cried?
When my nan died a few weeks ago
46. Do you like your handwriting?
No, it’s terrible!
47. Do you bake?
Far too much, hence why my arse is the size of a small country!
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
I’m a good friend
50. Who do you miss most?
My family and friends, as we don’t live in the same country
51. What are you listening to right now?
My 13 year old on the exercise bike and the 3 year old building with his blocks
52. Favourite smell?
Orange blossom drifting through my patio doors on the breeze
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Some random person who had the wrong number
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
55. A sport you wish you could play?
I can’t stand sport – another reason my arse is the size of a small country!
56. Hair colour?
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
Always happy endings
59. Favourite season?
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
My nan who passed away recently. She was one of the most amazing women I know and as we didn’t live in the same country anymore I hadn’t seen her for about 6 months before she died. I’d love to see her again to tell her how much I love her. Henry Cavill so I can drool over him (and probably lick him – poor man!) and Marilyn Monroe – because, it’s Marilyn!
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
Can I say neither – can’t stand them!
63. Where were you born?
Kent in South East England.
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savoury?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
67. What book have you read again and again?
Eat, Pray, Love
68. Favourite bedtime story?
Whatever I’m made to read 45,000 times that day!
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
You only live once
70. Favourite sound?
71. Favourite animal?
Cats – domestic or Tiger size
72. Who is your girl crush?
73. Last photograph you took?