>Another slimming world recipe. I made these tonight and they are delicious, you would never guess they were actually healthy! And they’re free on green days and extra easy so you can eat as many as you like! (and trust me I’ll be polishing off another few before I go to bed!)
1 medium onion finely chopped,
2 medium onions, sliced
170g/6oz potatoes, cooked and chopped
227g/8oz canned chickpea daal, drained (Asda sells this, or you could use canned chickpeas but I find the chickpea daal adds to the curry flavour)
1 egg beaten
1/2 tsp baking powder
2tsp dried Bombay mixed spice or curry powder
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Spray a baking tray with fry light
2. Spray a pan with fry light and cook the onions until slightly browned.
3. In a bowl mash the chickpeas and potatoes together
4. Stir in the chopped onions, egg, baking powder and herbs, spices and seasoning.
5. Stir in the sliced onions. (I do both chopped and sliced because they just seem to seem more like “real” onion bhajis when I do that.)
6. Form into 20 small balls or make larger ones if you prefer
7. Place on the tray and cook at Gas Mark 7/220C for 15 minutes (I often do 15 mins on then turn them over, spray again and cook for another 15 mins because I like mine quite crispy)
I would have posted a pic of the ones I made tonight but its gone all blurry on me. They are lovely served with a curry and rice and as I say are syn free so you can eat as many as you fancy!