Above all food, smoothies provide a great source of energy for your kids, along with coming in a variety of different flavors to appeal to their changing taste buds. Packed with important minerals and vitamins to help them last through the day, your kids will love these tasty smoothie and juice recipes, whether it’s packed with their lunch or a treat for when they get home from school.
1. Apple Strawberry Smoothie
This tasty apple strawberry smoothie provides a great amount of energy and taste in one drink. This creamy treat after school will get your kid ahead of tackling their homework while asking for more. As they always say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away!
– 1 cut-up apple
– 2 peaches, handful of strawberries
– 1 cup of vanilla ice cream
– ½ cup of yogurt
– Blend all the ingredients together until your smoothie has a smooth texture.
– Once finished, keep refrigerated until you’re ready to serve.
2. Mango Pineapple Kale Juice
If your kid is looking for a sweet, but mildly bitter smoothie after school, this mango pineapple kale recipe will surely delight. Mixed with mango, pineapple and kale, this smoothie is packed with important vitamins and minerals vital to their growing bodies.
– 1 to 2 cups of chopped kale
– 1 cup chopped mango
– 1 cup of chopped pineapple
– Combine the chopped kale, mango, and pineapple.
– Juice them together and put into a large container to store in the fridge.
– Once you have it at the desired temperature it is ready to serve and enjoy.
3. Banana Smoothie
This banana smoothie will be exceptional as a reward for helping you with the DIY. Bananas are one of the most nutritious fruits out there. With just a little bit of chocolate, your child will love this sweet treat. This smoothie will disappear right before your eyes.
– 2 chopped bananas
– 250 ml skim milk
– 1/4th glass of water
– 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce
– Chop the bananas.
– Put all the ingredients in your blender. Blend for 2 to 3 minutes or until creamy
– Pour the smoothie into cups and enjoy!
4. Beet Apple Spinach Juice
You don’t have to get the best juicer on the market to make this tasty Beet Apple Spinach juice. The nutritional benefits of this juice are great for growing kids. This juice also provides a great way to sneak beets into your child’s diet, as they have a ton of nutritional value.
If your child prefers a sweeter taste, you can add a little bit of orange juice into the juicer.
– 1 medium sized beet
– 1 apple
– 1 cup spinach
– Peel your beet.
– Chop up all your ingredients.
– Place them in a juicer and blend until completely liquid.
5. Veggie Smoothie
This vegetable smoothie is packed full with antioxidants thanks to the leafy greens. Luckily, your child won’t even taste how healthy this smoothie is thanks to the sweet strawberries and banana. Your kid will be asking you for more of this thick and creamy smoothie and its nutritional enough that you can give it to them.
– 6 to 8 baby carrots
– 1 cup frozen strawberries
– ¾ cup frozen green beans
– 2 or more servings of frozen kale
– 1 ripe banana
– 1 YoBaby yogurt
– Defrost your frozen berries, green beans, and kale in the microwave until they are thawed. Make sure they are no longer frozen, but also not hot. Only leave them in the microwave for a minute or two.
– Pour all your ingredients into a blender or food processor.
– Blend the mixture until completely smooth, usually for a minute or two.
– Pour the smoothie into a cup and enjoy.