There’s no getting away from it, it’s New Years Resolutions time again. I’m an excellent breaker of New Years Resolutions, usually within the first week of the year, but then it wouldn’t quite be a new year without making them I guess.
Those of you that read my last vaguely related post “Highs and Lows of 2012” will have noticed I’ve been a little down of late, that coupled with two sick kids and I’ve been utterly miserable since Christmas, waking up on New Years Day with a cold hasn’t exactly done much to lighten my mood either to be honest. I really need to make myself happy in 2013, I’m in real danger of slipping into depression, maybe I already am depressed, but I really don’t want to go back there, I want to be happy and I want my sparkle back.
There are plenty of things I need to do but these will have to take a backseat to the things I want to do for a change. My confidence is at rock bottom, I never leave the house without a child in tow and spend no alone time with my partner at all. It’s time for some me time! So here’s my resolutions:
- Get my hair cut more than once a year
- Get my eyebrows waxed once a month
- Have a bath once a month (I do wash obviously, I’m more of a shower girl but a nice deep relaxing bath won’t go amiss once in a while! I would say once a week but that’ll never happen!)
- Go out without the kids once a month, whether that’s with my partner or with a friend for lunch/dinner/coffee/a night out
- Have a date night with the man once a month, I may even manage to persuade him to cook for me one night – miracles could happen! (I would aim for one a week but he has to work a lot in the evenings even when he’s on his day off so there’s no point aiming high and being disappointed)
- Lose 2 stone (I have a LOT more to lose, probably nearer 7 or more stone but I’m starting small and aiming for a number I should be able to achieve. I’m fed up of being disappointed, this way I should have something to celebrate at the end of the year and may even exceed my target)
- Exercise twice a week, even if the baby wont go down for his nap he’ll just have to watch me from his playpen.
- Get my website off the ground. I’ve been trying to write content for it for ages now and one thing or another always gets in the way. This will also hopefully generate a small income eventually which will help fund things like Christmas, days out and birthdays.
- Learn Spanish again, I loved learning it when I did classes before and did really well.
- Stop shouting so much. My nerves have been fraying for some time and the smallest thing can turn me into a screaming banshee these days. My upset/depressed mood is making me a horrible person and I need to find some kind of way to get my frustration out without it being in a ball of anger. My daughter and my partner are taking the brunt of it and despite them often not helping to reduce my stress levels I don’t want to keep shouting at them. I need to find a way to de stress that works for me.
Here’s some for me and the kids
- Continue to spend one mum and daughter day a month with the 10 year old on our own, whether its horse riding (her not me until I lose the weight!), bowling, ice skating, the cinema or just a wander to the beach followed by hot chocolate in a cafe.
- Invite one of the daughters friends over after school once a month.
- Go to the little ones favourite (read that as expensive) baby group twice a month.
- Make an effort to go to more (cheaper!) baby groups with the little one, meet up with other mums of little ones for coffee/a walk in the park. I’m not into the whole yummy mummy boasting about how wonderful my kid is crap but unless I put myself out and get involved with other women with young children my little boy will miss out on playing with other children and I wont meet anyone being stuck indoors all the time! (fingers crossed they wont all be mental either!)
I could probably think of loads more, but that little lot is quite enough to be getting along with for now!
Don’t forget if you write/have written a post on your resolutions (or any other post for that matter) and mention my competition you can win The Fitbit Zip Activity Tracker and FitBit Aria Wifi Smart Scales worth £149.98! Great for anyone planning on losing weight or getting fit in the new year!